Please note: the closing date for this role has now passed.
As our communications continue to grow and increase in engagement, we are seeking to appoint a Communications Officer to support the Communications Director. This is an unpaid, voluntary role but pre-agreed out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Information gathering: assisting with the collation of Pride dates for our forthcoming online calendar, updating our database of Pride organisations in Europe
- Social media: helping to manage the Association’s four social media channels, including scheduling, responding to messages, and engagement activity
- Website: updating and maintaining the Association’s WordPress website
- Support: advising and supporting member organisations on communications tasks
- EuroPride: helping to support EuroPride hosts, and supporting the promotion of EuroPride bids and applications
- Public relations: assisting with drafting media releases, managing the media database, and securing coverage for the Association
We are looking for someone who can commit four or more hours each week, and those hours can be arranged to fit around existing commitments. They can be based anywhere in Europe, and we will provide official email and access to our various platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience of the Pride movement as a volunteer. A high standard of written English is essential.
To apply please send your resumé with a covering email explaining why you would like to volunteer with us to email@example.com by 30th August 2019. We will arrange a Skype call with shortlisted candidates in the week beginning 2nd September.
We have a commitment to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We would particularly welcome applications from bi, trans and non-binary people, people living with HIV and people of colour, all of whom are currently under-represented on our team.