EPOA licenses the title only to a member. This member must have organized at least two Pride events within the last four years. It is required that the decision to award the title shall take place at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of EPOA 3 years before the proposed event. The title will be officially licensed to the selected member after the decision at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Letter of intent
Pride Organisations shall send a letter of intent to apply to the office of EPOA aisbl before March 31st three years prior to the proposed date of event. This can be done by electronic mail to email@example.com.
Organisations wishing to apply for EuroPride 2020 must submit their letter of intent by 31 March 2017.
Each applicant shall send a bid-book by e-mail in English to EPOA 60 calendar days prior to the starting date of that years AGM. An application fee of 250 EUR must be paid within two (2) weeks following the application. The applicant must be present at the next AGM.
Any bid must include:
- Name, full postal address, telephone and e-mail address of the candidate and contact person(s).
- A full description of the history and legal status of the organisation and its structure.
- The proposed date of the event(s) and the geographic location and a timeline for the 2 years leading up to the events (including any EPOA events, such as the AGM).
- Details of the proposed program including an opening ceremony, a March/Parade, a Human Rights
event and a closing ceremony.
- A business plan for the event including a full budget, organisational structure and key personnel.
- A marketing plan for the event including a timetable, event format and costs.
- A full description of the political context of the program, its projected impact on a European scale and how the program of the event will meet the Vision of EuroPride
- General information about the city/region/country including International airport location,
transportation, health and safety issues, accommodation location and costs.
- A brief description of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender life in the host city/region/country.
- A description of any special political, cultural or social reasons for hosting the even
Applications are required to be accompanied by the following documents. If any of these documents cannot be obtained, a reason must be given, why such documents are unobtainable.
Letters of support from:
- Organisations (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender AND straight) within the region in which the event(s) will take place exhibiting the support of the region
- The mayor, the city, the government
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender businesses
- Prospective sponsors
- Local tourism authorities
- Travel partners (airlines, hotels, travel agents) and other co-operation partners, etc.
- Human Rights Organisations
Full financial information for the past 3 years, including balance sheets and other related documents clarifying the solvability and financial health of the member organisation.
The application must comply fully with these rules of procedure and the constitution EPOA aisbl. The applicant must attend the Annual General Meeting of EPOA aisbl where the application is considered and all subsequent Annual General Meetings prior to and at least two subsequently after the event.
The decision to award the title EuroPride will be taken by secret ballot at the AGM with a simple majority vote. This decision will take place three years before the actual event (e.g. in 2016 for 2019).
It is the task of the selected member to be present at the following 4 AGM’s to give reports and to host the AGM the year before their licensed EuroPride takes place. The licensing agreement will specify regular reports and the communications policy and contacts.
The applicant shall keep EPOA informed about the organizing of the event and any probable difficulties. The licensing agreement will specify regular reports and the communications policy and contacts.
The selected member shall pay an unredeemable licensing fee of a total of 6000 Euros before the event and a share of the potential profit from the EuroPride event not exceeding 6000 Euros.
The first installment of the licensing fee is 2000 Euros and has to be paid no later than 6 months after the AGM where the title was awarded.
The second installment of the licensing fee is 2000 Euros and has to be paid no later than the AGM following the AGM where the title was awarded.
The third installment of the licensing fee is 2000 Euros and has to be paid no later than March 31st the year of the event. The profit share will
be regulated by the licensing agreement but shall not exceed 6000 Euros.